Vote cements Hunt’s legacy as Chiefs will stay at ArrowheadBy RANDY COVITZ, The Kansas City StarThe biggest cheer in the room was for Lamar Hunt. By far. Several hundred people erupted in applause for Hunt when he stepped up to a microphone on Tuesday night after Jackson County voters approved a sales-tax measure to help pay for renovations at the Truman Sports Complex.
- Roof’s backers won’t stop thinking about the dream
- Stadium questions provoke big turnout
- Yes' vote to stadium makeovers keeps teams in KC
- Hunt still wants roof, other reaction to stadiums vote video
- The new Busch Stadium is a utilitarian ballpark, a vast improvement over the old Busch Stadium: the views of downtown and the Arch are superior, the concourses and concessions are better, and the seats are more comfortable. In the end, improvement was all the Cardinals brass had to deliver -- and they succeeded. But Busch Stadium isn't a very flashy ballpark, and in the end it's not in the top echelon of MLB ballparks. We suspect the Cardinals and Redbird Nation really don't care: they're worried more about what happens on the field than attracting casual fans to the ballpark.