Thursday, March 30, 2006

A few more days...

Only a few more days until baseball season officially starts.

The News-Leader has a feature story on top draft pick Colby Rasmus.

SportsMemo previews our starting rotation.

I truly hope J-Ed is alright. He's been playing this past spring through some pain.

The Orioles defeated the Cardinals with a score of 3-2. The Fish beat St. Louis with a score of 6-5. This moves the Cardinals to a 14-12-1 record this spring.

Matthew Leach notes that Adam Wainwright is enjoying the bullpen just fine.
"I haven't done it long enough to say I'm a pro at it yet, but I'm pretty comfortable in what I'm doing out there," said Wainwright. "I feel good coming out of the 'pen. My arm seems to like it to. So everything is going good."

Never one with a shortage of confidence, Wainwright said he hasn't surprised himself with the smoothness of the transition.

"I have high expectations of myself," he said. "I expect to come in and pitch well when I'm battling for a job. So it's not a surprise to me. I'm happy with the way things have gone, but it's not over yet either."

For a team that otherwise lacks a strikeout threat in the middle innings, Wainwright could be a major boon. He fell short in the competition for the fifth-starting spot, though it's hard to say that winner Sidney Ponson outpitched him.
It's very likely to be Junior Spivey but second base is still very much out in the open.

A rare thing happened recently. For the first time since March 31, 2004, Albert Pujols struck out during a spring training game.

No comments: