Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A classic...

This comes from Intheway at VEB:

I see the ninth a-comin'
Its comin' right as rain
We've only got a one run lead
So there's gonna be some pain
Cause we close with Isringhausen
Kiss that lead goodbye
We close with Isringhausen
So hang your head and cry.

When I was just a baby,
My Mama told me, "Son,
Don't put your faith in Izzy
If you're up by just one run
Cause he'll pitch to Jose Vidro
And make him look real fine
When you hear those Nat fans cheerin,
You know that lead is dyin'.

I bet there are teams relaxing
With real closers on their staffs
They've all got low blood pressure
And their close games are for laughs
But we know when Izzy's comin'
That the laugh's on us
And the other team won't stop laughin
Til we're on the bus.

Now if I owned the Card-nals,
If the Redbird pen was mine,
I'd move old Izzy's carcass
Just a little down the line
So what happened just won't happen
Like it did today,
But we'll close with Isringhausen
Til he's DFA.

No comments: