Sunday, October 19, 2008

2008 MLB Postseason Award Predictions

Since we're in between end of the NLCS and the start of the World Series, I decided to look over my 2008 MLB preseason predictions. I correctly predicted the NL East, NLCS winner, AL West, and AL Wild Card.

Now, for those updated awards:
NL MVP: Before the season I picked Chase Utley of the Philiadelphia Phillies. I'm now thinking that it will be either Albert Pujols or Ryan Howard.

NL CY YOUNG: Although he has over 200 strikeouts this past season, I don't think my pick of Cole Hamels of the Philiadelphia Phillies will win. It will either be Brandon Webb or Tim Lincecum.

NL ROY: Rasmus did not see a day of light this year. It's going to be either Edinson Volquez or Jay Bruce.

AL MVP: Josh Hamilton, Texas Rangers

AL CY YOUNG: I picked Justin Verlander originally but it's probably going to be Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee.

AL ROY: Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay Rays
Longoria made an impact upon arrival and helped lead Tampa Bay to the playoffs.

No comments: